Mr. Noriaki Yamashita, President of Toyota Motor Thailand Company Limited,, and Mr. Surasak Suthongwan, Executive Vice President, officially launched Toyota’s first battery electric vehicle (BEV), Toyota bZ4X, in Thailand. The Toyota bZ4X battery electric mid-size SUV is aimed to provide customers beyond electric experience, with Toyota’s DNA as it bolsters Toyota's famed cornerstones of quality, durability and reliability (QDR). Toyota expects that the reputation would affirm its customers that the all-new bZ4X is a battery electric SUV superior in all aspects ranging from its design, and rewarding driving performance, fun to drive character, responsive and controllable driving system contributed by the new e-TNGA. Toyota’s e-TNGA platform architecture is a modular platform dedicated to battery electric vehicles.
Significantly, the e-TNGA boasts its low center of gravity and greater body rigidity. The new X-MODE maximizes bZ4X's AWD potential. In addition, the model rolls out with the Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 or TSS 3.0. Intelligent Parking Assist features Toyota Advanced Park advanced driver assistance technology. This system offers expanded support when parallel parking. In addition to conventional back-in parking, it can support front-in parking and pulling out forward first or backing out from a parking spot. To promote customers’ peace of mind, Toyota assures its aftersales readiness with the countrywide dealer network, EV tools, technicians, and BEV experts. Online pre-booking is available. The event took place on 9th November, 2022 at Toyota Alive, Bangna.
Toyota global mission to CN
Mr. Noriaki Yamashita, President of Toyota Motor Thailand stated that “Toyota is committed to challenge the Carbon Neutrality by 2050. But we are living in a diversified world and in an era in which…it is hard to predict the future. Therefore, Toyota wants to prepare as many options as possible for our customers around the world. Toyota takes the “Multiple Pathway Approach” towards the carbon neutrality, with a variety of technology such as HEV, PHEV, BEV, FCEV, and more. This is following our principle of “Mobility for all” and “Leave No One Behind”.”
As you may know, this year marks the 60th anniversary of Toyota Motor Thailand’s. And in Toyota history we took tangible steps to reduce our carbon footprint. We began with the introduction of Camry HEV over a decade ago. HEV line-ups have been expanded and were proved to help reducing emissions greatly. And up-to-date, we have sold about 150,000 electrified vehicles, which help reduce 800,000 tons of CO2 emission equaling around 97,000 rai area or 2.4 million trees. Under the “Multiple Pathway Approach towards carbon neutrality today we’d like to officially introduce bZ4X which is first battery vehicle in Toyota Brand. It will join the “EV promotional scheme”, which is the government’s policies to help promote the widespread use of electrified vehicles.”
Toyota bZ4X… Beyond Zero
Toyota bZ4X is the battery electric mid-size crossover which is an automotive of the new era of Toyota under Toyota bZ. electric car series.
Toyota’s new bZ stands for “Beyond Zero” sub-brand of the next generation of innovative battery electric vehicles by Toyota. With Toyota bZ, we’re not only looking beyond zero emissions, but delivering better mobility for all with exceptional values to its proud owners. Its concept is to become an Activity Hub for everyone including drivers, passengers, the society and the community. Beyond Zero is a wholly human-centred philosophy and will bring new products and services with strong customer appeal that will enhance the pleasure of driving, improving safety for all road users and helping build better societies around the world. It has four core values:
1) You and Others – the bZ4X has an open and spacious cabin with home-like comfort. There’s generous leg room for rear seat passengers and the atmosphere is calm and quiet thanks not just to the quieter electric powertrain but also to effective measures to block out road and wind noise.
2) You and Your Car – developing the car from a means of transport into an intelligent partner. The bZ4X is designed for smooth, intuitive driving and has authentic SUV off-road performance. The BEV driving experience informs both the new driver’s cockpit layout and the car’s sleek and powerful exterior design. The latest multimedia technologies provide seamless connectivity and multiple methods for communicating with the car, for information, entertainment and comfort.
3) You and the Environment – going beyond reducing emissions to actively improve the environment.
4) You and Society – vehicles that can make a positive contribution to society. The bZ4X improves safety for all road users. In addition to the safeguards provided by Toyota Safety Sense, special measures are in place to monitor the battery’s performance and protect it in the event of an impact.
Using a BEV-specific platform, the bZ4X combines a long wheelbase with a short overhang; this results both in a distinctive design, and in an interior space comparable to a D-segment sedan. The low position of the instrument panel and the location of the meters above the steering wheel serve not only to enhance the vehicle's sense of space, but also improve visibility and contribute to safe and secure driving. The bZ4X adopts a new AWD system; it combines safe and pleasing driving performance―made possible by the unique responsiveness of electrified vehicles―with an impressive off-road performance.
Toyota bZ4X… BEYOND ELECTRIC EXPERIENCE, TOYOTA DNA
Mr. Surasak Suthongwan, Executive Vice President added that “Toyota has over 20-year experience in developing vehicles that come with electrified platform. The core of electric vehicles is the three-electric technology, motor, battery, and electronic control technology have been continuously improved using the basic knowledge of Toyota xEV. The bZ4X BEV will create a new standard of quality, durability, and reliability, as well as fun to drive. Exterior design is developed under the “Hi-Tech and Emotion” design theme to highlight sleek, advanced outlines. The bZ4X uses 20-inch wheels. It has a Cd 0f 0.279.
The theme for the interior is comfort and spaciousness that give the cabin the ambience of a living room. Its panoramic glass roof offers unobstructed views covering the area of both front and rear seats. In addition, the electric SUV has the 12.3-inch touch screen display compatible with AppleCarPlay and Andriod Auto, available JBL® * Premium Audio with nine speakers, has 5 USB ports and a wireless charging pad, 12 .cup holders, ventilated front seats. It is eco-friendly with textures like fabric on the dashboard, which is made of recycled materials.
Toyota bZ4x AWD model features separate front and rear 80 kW motors driving the front and rear axles. Maximum power is 218 DIN hp, with 337 Nm of torque; the acceleration time from 0-100 km/h is reduced to 6.9 seconds. The bZ4X has a MacPherson strut front suspension design and double wishbone at the rear to achieve a smooth, control and safety performance. The new X-Mode enhances vehicle’s stability, and road grip on all road surfaces with the system taking care of vehicle speed when travelling uphill or slippery surface. The high responsiveness of the electric motor allows for a regeneration boost function. The high-density lithium-ion battery’s quality and durability come from multiple monitoring of the voltage, current and temperature, from individual cell level. If any abnormal heat generation is detected, controls are automatically triggered. Countermeasures have been put place to mitigate any material degradation, and there are safeguards in the manufacturing process to prevent foreign matter from entering the battery. It is located under the rigid frame structure, with 56 bolts around shock absorbing cushion, 3-layer high-pressure waterproof electrical insulation, and a double-layer locking system at the cable joints, to firmly prevent water from leaking into the electrical system high pressure.”
On the bZ4X includes the latest generation of Toyota Safety Sense 3.0, with preventive safety systems that have been developed to provide greater functionality and more detailed monitoring of the car’s surroundings and other road users such as detecting a cyclist, a biker, or a moving pass vehicle to promote traffic safety and help reduce road accidents. Intelligent Parking Assist offers expanded support when parallel parking using 4 cameras and 12 sensors to make parking easier. T-Connect by Toyota comes with 4 special features for EV users. It also features Toyota Alive-X point rewarding program, and PHYD auto insurance. In Thailand, 460 service centers countrywide is trained to offer services for EV with tools, over 3,500 technicians, and over 920 BEV Master Technician. In addition, from December we plan to transfer the knowledge to teachers from 19 educational institutes under the Toyota Technical Education Program or T-TEP as a way to help spread the knowledge among the public. For emergency cases, the training plan for rescue agencies and traffic polices is initiated.
Due to the impact of global supply shortage, we will begin the online pre-booking system at http://stores.toyota.co.th/register/bz4x for individual customers. The full service lease service is also available for corporate clients that would like to promote alternative energy uses and aim to realize carbon neutrality. The firm that is interested could contact TMT-Fleet Sales department for more details.” NEW BUYING EXPERIENCE With the cutting-edge technology that change the way of car purchases, customers can enjoy their new experience with the new buying approach initiated and undertaken by Toyota for instance, - KINTO : an online all-inclusive lease solution that gives you all the benefits of driving a new bZ4X, without having to own one via the KINTO ONE online solution. Easy to apply and submit the documents digitally with complete services.
1. Full Service covers all expenses with Toyota quality standards;
2. One Price policy without down payment, resale value worry-free, and choose to own a vehicle at the similar rental lease rates.
3. Online Service offers a new usage freedom in a convenient and rapid manner throughout all procedures. Easily apply on www.kinto-th.com and conveniently use on KINTO mobile application.
NEW USAGE EXPERIENCE
- Toyota bZ4X rolls out with T-Connect through the T-Connect Application with 4 special features available only for Toyota bZ4X owners.
1. Battery remaining check system and can navigate the charging station
2. Charging Station POIs easy and convenient to use on Google map
3. 24/7 SOS Roadside & Accident e.g. slide on tow services for emergency move of your vehicle to the nearest charging station or Toyota service outlets (T&C applied), aid in coordinating the emergency services such as auto insurance, ambulance service, or in case of damages on vehicles as a tyre leak, out of battery, or forgetting the key
4. Blue line Exclusive Call for only bZ4X users provide data supports such as vehicle information, technical information, etc. in a prompt manner.
The bZ4X is available in six exterior colors, including new Precious Metal, Precious Silver, Platinum White Pearl, Emotional Red and Dark Blue in bi-tone finishes that combine coloured bodywork with a contrasting black roof and pillars.
- Precious Metal Black roof
- Precious Silver Black roof
- Platinum White Pearl Black roof
- Emotional Red Black roof
- Dark Blue Black roof
Two interior of Black and Natural Chic colour palettes 1,836,000 Thai baht
****Price includes standard equipment manufactured by the factory.
Exclusive offers for the proud owner of Toyota bZ4X.
- 8-year/160,000 km battery warranty
- 5-year/150,000 km extended from a basic 3-year /100,000 km new-vehicle warranty applied to all components other than normal wear and maintenance items plus free 5-year/10,000 – 100,000 km period wage check
- 5-year Roadside service
- 30,000 Thai baht discount for Wall Charger (T&C applied)